The Escobal Project will benefit the local communities and the people of Guatemala through the following (based on $25.00 silver):
- Income taxes and royalties paid to the Federal government are expected to amount to over $50 million per year;
- Royalties and taxes to the local government and royalties to the land owners association are expected to average in excess of $15 million annually;
- IVA taxes average $6.2 annually and will total $20.5 during the construction period.
- Wages and salaries in Guatemala average $17.3 million annually, including payroll taxes of $1 million per year;
- Goods and services purchased in Guatemala during the three year exploration and construction period amount to approximately $70 million;
- Goods and services purchased annually in Guatemala during operations are expected to be approximately $26 million;
- The project is expected to employ over 800 people directly in Guatemala during the expected 20-year mine life.