Tahoe is committed to operating its mines and projects in an environmentally responsible manner. We regularly evaluate existing work conditions; minimize and mitigate environmental impacts of mining; apply prudent design and operating practices; and educate employees and contractors who work at our facilities. Tahoe is committed to the following:
- Meet or exceed the standards set by the applicable environmental laws and regulations in the countries in which we operate;
- Explore, design, construct, operate and reclaim mining operations by utilizing effective and proven practices that minimize adverse environmental impacts;
- Educate employees regarding environmental matters and promote employee participation in minimizing environmental impacts;
- Proactively and diligently address the reasonable concerns of our stakeholders;
- Conduct regular reviews and report findings to management and the Board of Directors to ensure compliance with this policy;
- Prominently display and promote this policy to our employees and contractors and disclose it to all of our stakeholders.
Each of our operations is responsible and held accountable for the development and implementation of procedures and programs that comply with this policy. The Board of Directors oversees environmental management through the Health, Safety, Environment and Community Committee.