Tahoe is committed to operating its mines and projects in an environmentally responsible manner. We regularly evaluate existing work conditions; minimize and mitigate environmental impacts of our operations; apply prudent design and operating practices; and educate employees and contractors who work at our facilities. Tahoe is committed to the following:
- Meeting or exceeding the standards set by the applicable environmental laws and regulations in the countries in which we operate;
- Exploring, designing, constructing, operating and reclaiming mining operations by using effective and proven practices that minimize adverse environmental impacts;
- Educating employees regarding environmental matters and promoting employee participation in minimizing environmental impacts;
- Proactively and diligently addressing stakeholder concerns;
- Promoting environmental education in our CSR training programs;
- Conducting regular environmental reviews and reporting findings to environmental agencies, management and the Board of Directors to ensure compliance with high environmental standards;
- Prominently displaying and promoting this policy to our employees and contractors and publicly disclosing it.
The Board of Directors oversees environmental management through the Health, Safety, Environment and Community Committee.